Every woman gets that uncomfortable feeling when they don’t smell good down there. Well the thing we have to know is that every woman has their own special scent. Most people call it signature scent. And if you have a sexual partner, your partner probably doesn’t mind it. If you’re feeling a little insecure, then you have to make sure that you’re covering all of the bases when you wash your vaginal area.
That being said ,let’s get into it.
- USE MILD SOAP AND WATER TO WASH YOUR VAGINA: Avoid using soaps with heavy perfumes which may upset the balance of healthy bacteria and irritate the sensitive skin around your vagina. Medically the inner canal of the vagina is self clean and doesn’t need washing, using of soap to wash your vagina is likely to irritate the vagina. You don’t necessarily need to wash the vagina,just the area around the vagina using plain, unperfumed soap.
- WAX, TRIM OR SHAVE YOUR VAGINA: Having long growing pubic hair can cause sweat which leads to odour.However Frequent hair removal can cause irritation to the pubic area. When that irritation mix with the warm environment of the genitals it leads to a culture medium for some of the nastiest of bacterial pathogens, namely Group A Streptococcus, Staphylococcus aureus.To avoid this, a simple trimming of your pubic hair will do, but be careful with scissors around your labia.
- HAVE A GOOD HYGIENE DURING YOUR PERIOD: This is a very important step in other to avoid increase rate of vagina infection when menstruating.If you don’t stay clean during your period you are at a higher risk to having body odour. Change your pad or your tampon regularly. If you’re worried about how you smell when you’re having your period, you can wash your vagina 2 or 3 times a day.
- WEAR COTTON UNDERWEAR: Cotton underwear helps to prevent vaginal odor.
- WIPE FROM FRONT TO BACK : It’s important to wipe from front to back, rather than the reverse, to keep fecal matter from entering your vagina and causing an infection. Use plain toilet paper to wipe.
- WASH AFTER SEX: When you have sex with a partner, you’re opening yourself up to bacteria and other microscopic substances that can end up irritating your vagina and causing an infection. Make sure you wash up after sex in other to avoid the risk of infection. You can also ask your partner to wash up before sex especially if you aren’t using condoms.
- EAT PLENTY OF YOGURT : Yogurt has the same kind of good bacteria that your vagina needs.You can recharge your body’s bacteria by making yogurt part of your daily diet. Eating yogurt is a great way to both prevent and treat yeast infections.
- EAT PLENTY OF FRUIT: Cranberries and pineapples helps to freshen the smell of the liquids secreted by the vagina. Eating fruits won’t exactly make your vagina smell fruity, but it can help you develop a more pleasant scent.
STAY FRESH AND HEALTHY GUYS….